How Much Does It Cost To Get Porcelain Veneers? What To Know
If you are considering cosmetic dentistry as a way to improve your smile, then you may be asking, “how much does it cost to get porcelain veneers.”
The power of a winning smile can make you feel good about yourself, give your confidence a boost, and even help improve your career prospects. But few people are lucky enough to be born with a perfect set of pearly whites. Fortunately, porcelain veneers provide a simple and effective solution.
What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are a cosmetic dental treatment that involves covering the front surface of the teeth with ultra-thin porcelain shells to give the illusion of a perfectly straight smile.
They are the choice of countless celebrities and Hollywood stars because they look incredibly natural.
Thanks to technological innovations, the initial cost has been driven down, enabling everyday folk to view them as a viable solution to their dental issues.
So, how much does it cost to get porcelain veneers?
Asking about the cost of dental veneers is a little like asking, “how long is a piece of string?”. Unfortunately, there is no straightforward answer since there are many variables and no two patients are the same.
Bearing this in mind, the cost of veneers depends on several factors, which we have outlined below.
- How many veneers are needed – The more you want, the more your dental veneers treatment costs. Not every tooth needs a veneer. Many people opt to cover just the upper teeth that are visible when they smile. Because each veneer is custom-made, you can have individual problematic teeth in both arches covered with a veneer – a bit like slotting pieces into a jigsaw puzzle.
- Your location – Porcelain veneers often cost less in large cities like Sydney, where more dentists are practising. Dentists in large cities have higher overheads such as utilities and rental fees. Yet they still need to attract customers through their doors. They do this using special promotions, often on cosmetic treatments such as dental veneers.
- Dentist skill & experience – Veneers typically cost less in new start-up practices and those looking to establish themselves in the community. Alternatively, a visit to a high-brow cosmetic dentist regularly featured in dental magazines can command the highest possible prices for porcelain veneers based on his reputation alone.
But hang on a second.
You probably haven’t visited your dentist yet, have you?
So you have no idea of what other factors may come into play with your particular situation.
Consequently, we can only give you average costs to give you a rough idea of how cheap or expensive dental veneers are.
Finder.Com, reveals that the cost of porcelain veneers may exceed AU$1800 per tooth. Of course, if you are concerned about how much it will cost to get porcelain veneers, you can always opt for composite veneers.
Again, according to Finder.com, the latest stats from the Australian Dental Association state that composite veneers cost between AU$411 and AU$837 per tooth, depending on the state where you live.
What are composite veneers?
Unlike porcelain veneers, composite veneers are created directly onto the teeth. Composite resin is applied to the tooth in layers and moulded to the shape of the tooth. It is then hardened with a high-intensity light and polished to resemble a natural tooth. Yes, just like a white filling.
Because the resin is coloured to match the surrounding teeth, no one will ever know. Composite dental veneers provide the ideal solution for those needing a simple tweak to their smile. However, although they cost less they are not as durable as porcelain veneers, and have a life shelf of around 3 to 5 years.
Why choose dental veneers?
Many people choose dental veneers to improve their smiles because of the simplicity and the speed of the procedure. Composite veneers can be completed in a single dental appointment, whereas porcelain veneers typically require a couple of dental appointments following an initial consultation.
Your dentist will be happy to discuss the best material for your dental needs, lifestyle, and budget Naturally, this affects how much porcelain veneers cost as an alternative to composite dental veneers.
So if you do decide to pay for dental veneers, what issues can they address?
Veneers are a versatile treatment that provides solutions for:
- Discoloured teeth – Porcelain veneers offer a permanent solution to heavily stained or discoloured teeth that do not respond to teeth whitening. Porcelain has translucent properties similar to that of natural teeth, which makes the teeth sparkle. And, because porcelain can be shade-matched to the colour of the surrounding teeth, veneers will blend in seamlessly, giving you a smile of which you can be proud.
- Tooth gaps – Tooth gaps can look unsightly. Fortunately, dental veneers can be made slightly larger than the tooth they are covering to close gaps between the teeth and to make them appear naturally spaced.
- Crooked teeth – Dental veneers can conceal teeth that are irregularly shaped, crooked or with minor misalignment, eliminating the need, in some cases, for orthodontic work. For this reason, dental veneers are referred to as “fast orthodontics.”
- Cracked and worn teeth – Veneers also cover cracks, chips, fractures and teeth showing signs of wear and tear.
So now you have an answer to your initial question of “how much does it cost to get porcelain veneers?” why not schedule an initial consultation with Dr Jack Yang at Beyond Infinity Dental to see if porcelain veneers are the ideal treatment for you.
He offers a completely personalised treatment to help patients achieve their dream smile and will be happy to discuss your best options.
Dr Yang digitally designs porcelain veneers that fit accurately and look beautiful. Because porcelain has translucent properties similar to tooth enamel, the light is reflected through, making them sparkle.
Even better, here at Beyond Infinity, patients can see how their new smile will look before starting treatment, thanks to innovative smile design software.
If you’re still worried about how much it costs to get porcelain veneers, it may help to know that we offer National Dental Plan financing solutions as well as 0% interest finance plans, so you can buy now and pay later.
We can’t be any fairer than that!
Call Beyond Infinity Dental Care to talk about costs on (02) 8806 3799 or make an appointment or use our online booking service.
Note: Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.