TMD & Bruxism
Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMD) is a dysfunction of the muscle that move the jaw and the joints what connect the mandible to the skull. It can affect one or both joints causing pain or limited function.
70% of people are affected by TMD at some point during their lives and some common symptoms include:
- Clicking/Locking of the jaw
- Tenderness of jaw muscles
- Limited jaw movement
- Face, neck and shoulder pain
- Grinding (teeth may appear to be chipping and losing vertical dimension)
When treating TMD At Beyond Infinity Dental, we aim to first lessen or relieve your pain, then restore your jaw function and enable you to carry out your normal daily activities.
Treatment options may include one of the following:
- A custom made occlusal splint
- Prescribe pain relief
- Refer you to a specialist regarding TMD
- Refer to Craniopathy chiropractor
- Refer to a surgeon (In severe cases)