How Much Does Invisalign Cost? What You Need To Know
If you do a Google search for the term “how much does Invisalign cost?” you’ll see that prices in Australia range from somewhere between $4000 and $9000. This means that in some cases, Invisalign treatment is on par with traditional fixed braces while in others it’s likely to be more expensive.
While traditional fixed braces still have a place in modern-day orthodontics, the discreet nature of removable clear aligners makes them a popular choice for those looking to straighten teeth with as less fuss as possible. So, as long as Invisalign aligners remain comparable to the cost of fixed braces, Invisalign treatment will remain popular.
In fact, according to the Invisalign website, over 9 million people have chosen Invisalign clear aligners since their inception back in 1998. This includes over 1.4 million teens.
But why the considerable price variation?
Like any orthodontic treatment, costs depend upon the complexity of your case. The more tooth movement required, the more aligners are needed and therefore – the more costly your treatment. But that’s not all…
Other factors to take into consideration can include:
- The location of your dentist – Dentists based in prime city-centre locations typically have costlier overheads and this is likely to be reflected in the price
- The experience of your Invisalign treatment provider – Like many things in life, you tend to pay more for quality and experience.
Here are some examples…
Let’s say that you’re a patient visiting a dentist in the Sydney suburbs who requires a simple but discreet cosmetic fix. Given that information, your local Invisalign provider may suggest a course of just 12 aligners over 6 months. In this case, the cost of your Invisalign treatment is likely to be towards the lower end of the price scale.
Alternatively, let’s say that you have a complex overbite – where your upper teeth close too far in front of your lower teeth – and your chosen dentist is a highly experienced dentist based in the Sydney CBD. You may in this instance need 36 or more aligners over a period of 18 months and, you may also need some other corrective work. In this case, the costs of getting clear aligners are likely to be towards the top end of that price bracket – say $8500 -$9000.
How much does Invisalign cost – What you really need to consider?
When it comes to the cost of Invisalign aligners, it’s worth remembering that they are the leading clear aligner treatment on the market and have been for many years. So patients are in fact buying into a quality brand with a proven track record.
In addition, there are considerable benefits of getting Invisalign aligners over fixed metal style braces. They include:
- The ability to take your aligners out for eating and drinking – ultimately this means that you can continue to eat whatever you like with no restrictions.
- Being in full control – Unlike fixed braces which remain attached to the teeth for the duration of treatment, clear aligners are designed to be removed for short periods. So, within reason, this gives you full control of when and where you wear them.
- Comfort – Clear aligners are made from an innovative BPA-free plastic that feels comfortable in the mouth. Conversely, the arch wires and brackets of metal braces can contain sharp edges which may damage the soft tissues of the mouth.
- Discreetness – Unless you opt for fixed lingual braces (those that fit behind the teeth) friends and family will know that you are undergoing orthodontic treatment. With Invisalign aligners, because of their discreet nature, only you will know that you’re wearing them.
- Better patient response in some cases – Patients have been known to respond better to treatment with clear aligners over other fixed devices. This can lead to faster and more effective treatments while minimising any stigma or social anxiety associated with traditional orthodontic treatment.
So, all things considered, it might be prudent to look at the bigger picture when considering the cost of Invisalign clear aligners before writing them off as ‘too expensive.’
It may be that when taking everything into account, you can’t afford not to have them.
Ways to make Invisalign aligners affordable for you
If you are keen on clear aligner treatment but were slightly taken aback when you found out the answer to the question “how much does Invisalign cost?”, the good news is that there are ways that you can make Invisalign treatment more affordable for you.
Here’s how to do that…
Check your health coverage
Some health insurances may include orthodontics cover. This can mean part cover for costs like clear aligners treatment. So it’s well worth checking the small print under ‘extras’ to see what you can and can’t claim for.
Look for promotional offers
Many dentists offer promotional offers to get new patients through their doors. This may be a certain percentage off a new treatment or a free consultation for processes like dental implants or Invisalign. This may be worth it to a patient looking to save money on their treatment costs.
Here at Beyond Infinity Dental, for example, we’re offering 0% interest on certain treatments where you can undergo treatment now and pay later. So why not call to see if you are eligible.
Avoid city centre dental practices
As already stated, dental practices based in city-centre locations tend to have higher overheads and more often than not, this is passed on to the customer through increases in treatment costs like Invisalign. Sometimes, dentists based in local suburbs can offer the same Invisalign treatment for up to a third cheaper.
Take advantage of flexible payment plans
Many dentists including the team at Beyond Infinity Dental offer flexible payment plans designed to help you get the treatment you need or want without breaking the bank. Patients looking for clear aligner treatment, for example, can take advantage of the National Dental Plan. This allows them to spread the cost of Invisalign treatment over several weeks or months.
So there you have it. Hopefully, we’ve answered the question “how much does Invisalign cost?” in some detail and have also provided you with good suggestions on how you can make the treatment more affordable.
If you want to be one of the 9 million-plus people who are turning to Invisalign to correct orthodontic problems then contact the team at Beyond Infinity Dental today. We can talk with you and develop a treatment plan (including a breakdown of costs) based on your individual needs.
Schedule an appointment on (02) 8806 3799 or book online today.